We are now looking for emerging theatre artists for the first digital residency, via an OPEN CALL
Theatre in Palm, international project funded by Creative Europe, is hosting a digital residency on 6–10 February 2023.
The project will later host two more residencies during the 3-year-project.
The residency is aimed at emerging theatre artists, such as
- Theatre or performing arts students,
- recent graduates (0-5 years),
- people interested in gaining new professional competences and making new openings in the field of performing arts,
- other newcomers in the field of professional theatre.
The content of the digital residency
The theme of the residency is ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT. The impulse material and starting point for collaboration in residency work is:
- Antigone -play and in particular the study of the moral contradictions of the characters in the play of Sophocles
- Opening Speech of António GUTERRES (U.N. Secretary-General) in the climate conference Egypt on 7th of November 2022
- as well as chosen object important to emerging artist oneself that symbolizes a value or a thing that you do not want to lose
The selected emerging artists for the residency will receive a pre-task well in advance of the start of the residency. Selected artists will get to know their duo-partner country also in advance.
The aim of the residency and Theatre in Palm in general is to provide a platform for the European emerging theatre artists by e.g. providing concrete opportunities for career advancement and internationalization.
- In the residency artists share their thoughts and artistic methods collaborating with given impulse materials and based on a pre-task.
- In the end of the week every duo will present a short (max. 5 minutes) presentation/showcase as a result of the collaboration.
- In each Theatre in Palm country, 5 selected artists-in-residence will form a group that will work together locally, face-to-face.
- These groups of 5 artists-in-residence will get to co-operate deeply with another partner country’s group, forming a joint duo residency (online).
- In addition, all twelve residencies will meet together in joint online meetings.
- The work is scheduled, organized, and guided by experienced mentors, providing opportunities for deeper transnational co-operation, networking and mentoring of given task in residence.
All times are in CET (Central European Time)
Monday 6 February
- 13.00–14.30 Everyone’s joint start online, with an inspiration speech and assignment for the week
- 15.00–16.30 Local face to face residency works
- 16.45–18.00 Getting-to know meets with duo group
Tuesday 7 February
- 15.00–18.00 Face to face residency
- 18.00–20.00 duo work online
Wednesday 8 February
- 13.00–14.30 intermediate seminar where one or two participant from each duo presents the stage of their work in progress
- 15.00–16.30 Local face-to-face residency works
- 16.45–18.00 Getting-to know meets with a duo group
Thursday 9 February
- 15.00–18.00 Local face to face residency
- 18.00–20.00 Duo work online
Friday 10 February
- 13.00–14.00 Duos prepare to present their output on-line
- 14.00–17.00 Final on-line seminar: the outputs for comment and further thoughts/development proposals + final words
Application period has started!
Apply by 31 January 2022 at email@example.com
To complete your application please answer the following form https://forms.gle/6u8C1Ws9XC4rT5yD6
and send us as soon as possible the following:
- A short motivation note
Read more about the residency at the Theatre in Palm Official page