LET’S BE UPFRONT! ABOUT YOUR EUROPE.
Upfront! Is a platform for political, artistic and social expression. Here you can take a stand on European issues that engage you, and start and artistic debate.
Illustrate your perspective on Europe by submitting a short film of a maximum of 15 minutes to the competition. Create a video and show us your opinion to participate in the competition! In addition to the chance to reach an international audience, the prizes consist of gift cards for film equipment for up to € 1.500. You can publish your film until November 15. The film can be of any format, and deal with the topic you are most passionate about within the European context.
Upfront! are looking for critical social and political art and documentary videos that reflect young adults’ view of Europe and the European Union – both positive and negative.
- Registration and submission period for your videos: until 15th of November 2020.
- The video must show a clear connection to Europe or the EU.
- The filmmakers* (producer*, director* and other key positions) must be between 16 and 26 years old at the time the video is released.
- The competition is open to residents of all 27 EU member states and the United Kingdom.
- Festival evening with screenings & award ceremony: February 20th 2021 in Düsseldorf.
- There will be a special jury that judges all videos while the best ones can win gift certificates for film equipment from 500€ – 1.500€!