INVITATION to women from Polish community
Baltic Sisterhood of change- Creative Waves inspirational meeting
STOCKHOLM Saturday 26 february 2022
Embroidery is not just embroidery, and cooking is not just food! Today we think of traditionally female gatherings around crafts mainly in terms of their final results, forgetting that in folk culture they have also been used to maintain important community building and sisterhoods. This aspect inspired the international project Creative Waves – Baltic Sisterhood for Change.
Creative Waves, Baltic Sisterhood of Change, is a collaboration between Sweden, Poland, Kaliningrad and Estonia that focuses on arts and crafts, modern design and development of digital marketing skills.
Creative Waves supports women’s creative and social entrepreneurship, creates a common space for women to collaborate, talk about their experiences, networking and offers an introduction with new ways of thinking within the digital world.
Creative Waves aims to build an international bridge between women craft artists, design, digital marketing and technology.
If you are interested in joining us, please send an email to email@example.com “ I would like to participate in the meeting 26th February”.
Let’s start creating together!
Date: Saturday 26 february 2022
Time: 14.00 – 18.00
Place: Nytorgsgatan 15 A, Stockholm
Language: Polish (main language of the session) , English and Swedish
Introduction and inspirational meeting at Intercults office at Södermalm, Stockholm.
- Women artistic leaders/speakers Halina Rosa and Wieslawa Tokarska will share their experience, knowledge and showcase various designs, materials, storytelling and their way from hobby through design to occupation.
- Iwona Preis, Director of the lead partner of the project, Intercult in Stockholm, will present the Baltic Sisterhood of Change – Creative Waves initiative
- Participants and the speakers will share their experiences, opinions and thoughts on:
What problems or challenges do you feel exist today in arts and crafts, digital marketing?
What is your artistic hobby?
What dreams do you have?
What knowledge do we have in digital technology and marketing?
What do you want to learn more about?
The program continues with meetings once a month.
Workshop 1: Textile design with folk inspirations
Time: 14.00 – 18.00
- Roses as pattern. Participants will during the workshop use unique materials, traditional patterns and methods for crafting hand painted textiles and create their own creative item.
- Halina Rosa will, as the artistic leader, help and guide the participants’ artistic process.
Workshop 2: Wool jewelry design with folk inspirations
Time: 15.00 – 18.00
- Participants will during the workshop use unique materials, traditional methods for crafting handmade jewelry that is made with wool and create their own creative item.
- Wieslawa Tokarska will, as the artistic leader, help and guide the participants’ artistic process.
Workshop 3: Digital skills, marketing and programs
Time: 15.00 – 18.00
- Part one:
Pixie Hård av Segerstad and Josefin Holmström from Intercult in Stockholm, will share information on the safe use of digital platforms and how to use different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram) marketing and logo tools.
- Part two:
To develop the participants’ digital skills – the participants have the chance to create their own social media marketing, with guidance from leaders, that promotes their artistic handcrafting item.
This publication has been funded by the Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) Project Support Facility (PSF).
The CBSS does not make any warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this publication. The views, findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position of the CBSS.